Maybe you are feeling a little unsure about what you really want to experience in your life next. This is normal and something all of us face from time to time. There are some simple ways you can start putting plans into motion in order to feel back on track with your goals again. There comes a point in all of our lives where we feel somewhat lost and disconnected. This time is calling us to become more connected with ourselves and the universe again.
Materialise your thoughts
The best way to gain clarity over any situation, especially what to do next in life is to write it down.
- Write down what you are grateful for that has happened in your life so far. This will help you to understand what it is you want more of in your life.
- Write down your dreams and hopes. Think about the ideas that you’ve had in your mind since you were young about how you wanted to achieve success, ask yourself why you have always wanted these things.
- Next write down any current obstacles that have/may occur that stop you from making these goals happen.
- Write down how you can overcome these obstacles. Remember, the only real obstacles are those we create ourselves through disbelief. Do not be afraid to dream big. Make sure that when you are thinking about what you want for your life that they are what YOU really want and nobody else.
Write down your passions and your talents
Big or small, you do have some incredible talents within you, in a whole range of areas.
List everything that you feel passionate about in life.
Decide which talents and passions you wish to create in your daily life, whether it be a career, hobby or simply a way of life.
Once you have created this general list of ideas that give you a clearer idea as to what you want next from life, it is time to be more specific.
If your dreams came true
What would your perfect day be like if you could wish for anything that you wanted to happen ? This can be anything from simple things to extravagant.
When did you feel most free and happy in your life ? Pick a time in your life you felt less worries and concerns in general.
What is your inner self calling out for you to do in this world ? Think beyond your own life now, what would you like to see happen for others or even the whole world. What can you do to contribute to this, even if it is just to simply make others laugh.
Practical Things You Can Do
- Take long walks in nature
- Do something positive for someone else, whether it be giving advice or giving someone a gift.
- Ask your friends and family for advice. Failing that seek out other people who are successful and get guidance from them.
- Travelling is one of the best ways to gain new insights as you meet new people with completely different cultures to your own.
- Plan a short trip.
- Do not fear failure, just enjoy the journey.
- Eat and drink well.
- Always be grateful for what you already have.
It cannot be stressed enough how important meditation is in order to quiet your mind and find the answers you seek. Here are a couple amazing pieces on meditation that you ought to spend your time reading and absorbing their messages. You can also use videos on YouTube that will guide you into meditation.
By Kim Stanworth